Cristina (formerly) Blomberg's Blog

Visual Logorrhea

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

10 on Tuesday: Just call me "Scarlett"

I'm a list maker... and on my previous blog, the "10 on Tuesday" lists were a great way for me to describe myself, get others to know more about me, and really make me think! So here's my 1st "10 on Tuesday" on this blog...

Just yesterday the UPS truck brought my copy of Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind and it's sequal, Alexandria Ripley's Scarlett. I haven't started reading yet, and so far my only vision of the heroine is Vivien Leigh's portrayal in the movie. And so, here are...

10 Ways I'm Just Like Scarlett O'Hara
In no real order, just numbering them to keep track of how many I list.

1. I live in Georgia.
2. I like to be the center of attention.
3. I am not as frail as I look.
4. I hate talking about politics at parties.
5. I support the troops.
6. I (would if I had to) fight to survive.
7. I am a great flirt.
8. I am very stubborn and strong-willed.
9. I'm (just a tad) dramatic.
10. I was so naive when I was 16.

Perhaps I'll re-visit this list after I've read the book. But until then... I would love for you to post and see if you agree with my views, even if they are unflattering. I promise I won't delete unflattering comments... everyone should get a voice. (Spam doesn't count... I'll definitely delete those!)

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No - I just can't see you as Scarlett - you're WAY too tan! : ) But really, you are the epitome of Scarlett!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Cristina said...

ROFL!!! For those of you who don't know... Helen has known me since 4th grade! "epitome of Scarlett"... hmm... I'll take that!

Thanks, Helen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home